Many a game throughout the gaming history has been related to well-known movies or musical bands. The April of 2021 yielded yet another Play’n Go edition that draws inspiration from the work of a Swedish heavy metal band, Hammerfall.
Their first album was released back in 1993 but they are still jamming.
- Highly volatile with 30,000x jackpot
- Inspired with a famous heavy-metal band
- An array of rewarding modifiers and features
The design in Hammerfall online slot is dominated by the warrior Hector who is a mascot of the band. He stands tall, in full armour, guarding the reels and all riches it withholds.
His shield and hammer are awe-inspiring, done with premium visuals and sharp animations. The musical score supports the gameplay and consists of the band’s songs.
The best deal is that this online slot provides plenty of chances to score hefty wins that have the potential to reach values of up to 30,000x your wager.
Theme, Graphics and Sounds
As an adrenaline-boosting audio plays out in the background, punters are welcomed into a fantasy world based on Norse mythology.
The character of Hector is designed in detail, as well as the 7×7 grid with all symbols occupying it.
A castle is placed among wavy hills and under the disturbed skies that pour out lightning and thunder. All this creates an exceptional atmosphere for a dynamic and powerful slot such as Hammerfall.
The game has a 7×7 configuration and a cluster pays mechanism. This means winning combinations are formed when at least 5 identical symbols appear horizontally or vertically connected.
Cluster formation can occur anywhere on the grid and when it happens prizes are issued.
With every win, icons that took part in it explode, leaving empty spaces and causing a Cascade. Vacancies get filled with new symbols that can create more winning combinations and award additional payouts.
Once the cascade takes place, look out for glowing spaces on the grid, as this is where Lightning Wild appears, carrying a 3x Multiplier.
The band’s logo represents regular Wild which steps in to replace other symbols when forming a win
Each no-win spin can turn into one out of four rewarding Destruction Modifiers, triggered randomly.
- In The Chain of Command a chain consisting of symbols is formed and then annihilated or turned into one symbol of a kind
- The Bring It modifier marks all premium icons so that they are destroyed or transformed into one matching symbol
- Never Forgive, Never Forgive causes one symbol to attract all identical to it, destroying all in their way and forming a group of matching icons
- Additional spaces for cascades are created in One Against the World that selects symbols and those near it so that they are blasted or transformed to a matching one
More benefits arrive owing to the Hammer Meter filled by each winning cluster. When 25 symbols are collected, one of the three Song Features commences.
- Second to None makes all premium symbols become one randomly chosen high-value icon. If there are less than 5 premiums, a low-win symbol of one kind is selected
- And Yet I Smile removes all low-value icons from the grid
- Twilight Princess puts one 2×2 Mega Wild somewhere on the reels
If you are fortunate enough to obtain 50 icons within one cascade, the Hammer High Feature will be initiated.
A tsunami of destruction takes place during which all three Songs Features are present. Such a mighty combination of modifiers provides great chances for hefty wins.
Where To Play Hammerfall?
RTP, bet sizes and volatility
The default RTP set by the provider stands at a satisfying 96.20%.
Wager amounts span from $0.20 up to $100 on each spin. All bet values are available in the player interface in the bottom of the screen.
This is a highly variant game that will yield more significant prizes only from time to time.
Though the Jackpot can go to values as high as 30,000x your stake, the possibility to grab hold of it is minuscule.
Play’n Go loves music-themed games and is known for quality cluster slots with symbol cascades. One might even say their work on such slots is top-of-the-game and hard to compete with.
Having played Hammerfall, we are of the opinion this is one of those games that keep you on the edge of your seat.
This is due to a dynamic gameplay packed with lucrative features, then the spectacular theme and design, and finally the exceptional winning potential of 30,000x the bet.
Though it’s next to impossible to pack such a huge punch, the game proves entertaining and engrossing. Due to the abundance of benefits it offers, we rate Hammerfall with a 4 out of 5 stars.