Finn and the Swirly Spin Review
If you’re looking for a game so fun, it’ll leave your head spinning, Finn and the Swirly Spin from NetEnt delivers just that.
This online casino classic with its fantasy theme brings you all the appeal of a box of Lucky Charms.
Some unique features about this game include:
- Unique gameplay design that revolves around a spiral symbol
- Eye-catching background animation
- Matches register vertically or horizontally
This five-reel, five-row slot is distinctive. It includes a wild symbol, a free spins key, and a random feature.
Theme, Graphics, and Sounds
The game introduces you to Finn, the Laprechaun, as he waits to share his gold at the end of the rainbow.
Fantasy elements are apparent when you get to certain parts of the game, such as bonuses.
Enjoy the tunes played by Finn himself, sitting on the side of your screen playing his pipe as you watch the magic unfold in each unique spin.
The reels fill with symbols in a spiral, starting at the bottom left of your screen, heading to the center.
You can land more than one winning combination on a row or reel as symbols match horizontally and vertically.
There are a large variety of features available in this online slot. These interact nicely with one another and are fairly easy to understand, even for beginners.
The wild symbol, depicted as a star, generates from winning combinations, not including wilds.
Winning combinations including a wild eliminates adjacent symbols too, triggering an avalanche.
Free Spins Key Symbol
In the bottom left of your spiral, you’ll always start with a free spins key symbol.
With each win, you’ll find the key move closer to the center of the spiral.
Once there, the spin meter at the bottom of your screen will increase.
The game has four random bonus features:
- Starfall Wilds: places two or more wild symbols on your board randomly
- Dragon Destroy: removes symbols at random, activating an avalanche
- Irish Luck: places a line of them on your board, guaranteeing you a win
- Magic Transform: changes all spades and hearts into higher-paying options
Finn and the Swirly Spin Free Spins
With each Free Spins Bonus collected, you’ll collect a key.
You have four Free Spin Bonuses to choose from, though you should note that each has a key requirement to unlock it.
Each game has a random bonus feature from the above list attached to it.
The four bonuses are:
- The Star Bar – 1 key for 7 free spins and the Starfall Wild feature
- The Lava Lair – 4 keys award 3 spins and the Dragon Destroy feature
- The Lucky Mug – 9 keys yield 4 spins and the Irish Lucky feature
- The Golden Pot – 16 keys awards 2 free spins and the Magic Transform feature
Where To Play Finn and the Swirly Spin?
RTP, Bet Sizes, and Volatility
The average return-to-player (RTP) for Finn and the Swirly Spin is a satisfying 96.62% with low to medium volatility.
You’ll find that the wagers range from as low as $0.01 to $200. This game has the potential to win up to $50,000.
Overall, the gameplay for Swirly Spin is innovative.
This isn’t something you often see in slots, and it’s refreshing. The features are unique and user-friendly.
One snag for Swirly Spin – it can be a little unclear at first glance.
Once you get the hang of it, though, you’re on the road to a whirlwind adventure with potentially big wins.
We rate Finn and the Swirly Spin 4 out of 5 stars.