Join us for a trip to the dragon’s den! Here, four cutesy Dragonz spend their days soaring through the clear blue skies.
They are friendly creatures, and more than happy to play with humans. Will you be able to enlist their aid and score a big win?
- Four free spin bonuses
- 3583x jackpot
- Background changes with special features
Microgaming has gone more into a publishing role in recent years. They launch games in cooperation with partner studios, opting to support them instead of creating their own releases.
That said they still create an occasional online slot. Which is exactly what Dragonz offers players! With attractive visuals and interesting bonuses, there is plenty of potential hidden in this unassuming title.
If you are bold enough to soar past the high volatility, you could take home a 3583x jackpot.
Theme, Graphics and Sounds
The graphics did not win us over through pure visual fidelity. Instead, we were impressed by the variety on offer here!
There are four different free spins, and each one has their own background. The four dragons are also animated to hang around by the reels and interact with them.
The backgrounds and animations show a lot of care and effort has gone into creating this slot. Hats off to the team at Microgaming; they still have that magic touch of theirs.
You play this game on a five-reel, three-row board with 243 ways to win. Thanks to the ways to win system, players have an easier time forming winning combinations.
Now, you only need three or more identical symbols in adjacent positions, starting with the leftmost reel. The need to follow an exact payline to get your cash prize has been removed, which increases your chances of victory.
Non-winning spins have a chance of benefitting from the Wild Deal feature. To activate this bonus, you need to have a Wild on reel three.
This Wild will be spread onto other reels to create a guaranteed win! Standard Wilds can substitute for any icon except for Scatters.
However, Wilds dealt by the special feature can replace any symbol. The bonus is simple, but its effects speak for themselves.
Dragonz Free Spins
Three or more Scatters grant a minor cash prize and activate the free spins feature. Four different free spins bonuses are available to players.
Which one you unlock is random the first twelve times you trigger the special feature.
After that, you activate Player Choice, which allows you to pick between the four available free spins rounds.
All four bonuses grant ten free spins, regardless of how many Scatters activate it.
- Flint free spins come with flaming Wilds enabled. The red dragon can shoot Wilds on the playing field. Each time he fires, he adds more Wilds to the board! The maximum number of Wilds active at any time is ten.
- Switch free spins have stashed Wilds active. All non-winning Wilds are hidden away by the purple dragon. Once three or more Wilds are collected, they are placed randomly on the playing field. Collected Wilds create a guaranteed win every time. Free spins continue until all Wilds have been awarded.
- Frost free spins unlock frosty Wilds. The icy dragon freezes all non-winning Wilds in place. These sticky Wilds will remain until they become part of a winning combination. Free spins are played until no more frozen Wilds remain on the reels.
- Gobble free spins grant winning Wilds. The round, green dragon can randomly spit Wilds on the board. These winning Wilds stay in place as long as they keep granting cash prizes. When they no longer contribute to a win, they disappear.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to combine the effects of different free spins rounds.
Where To Play Dragonz?
RTP, bet sizes and volatility
The RTP for this release is 96.46%. This is better than the current industry average, which sits at 96%.
You can bet between $0.40 and $30 on each spin. This is an okay spread of bets, though we feel the minimum wager may be a bit too steep.
With its current cost, many budget players may find Dragonz to be outside of their price range.
The slot has a medium volatility, which can result in serious losses if you do not budget correctly.
However, Microgaming did not go all out when it comes to variance. You can still land plenty of smaller prizes thanks to the available bonuses.
The top prize you can win is 3583x your total stake.
We are always happy when a game blows past our expectations. We expected a cutesy, casual title when we first saw this title.
Instead, we received a feature-heavy, medium variance release that kept us entertained for hours. Microgaming went all out for Dragonz, and it shows!
As such, we rate this title 3 out of 5 stars. It has some minor flaws here and there.
However, if you manage to befriend the dragons, the fun bonuses and fantastic jackpot quickly drown out any issues.