Avalon II Review
Are you looking for multipliers, expanding wilds, cash prizes, free spins, pick me rounds, Grail, dice, and battle bonuses, all in one game? Avalon II is the online slot for you!
Avalon II offers:
- Randomly triggered modifiers
- Eight potential features
- 16,200x stake payouts per spin
Microgaming developed the sequel Avalon II as a second Arthurian legend-based game in 2014. Like most of its slots, it features five reels and 243 pay lines.
What makes Avalon II popular among players are its many features and high-quality graphics. In continuance, you can find a full review regarding this cool game.
Themes, Graphics, and Sounds
Avalon II has an Arthurian legend theme based on the King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table stories. It features quite impressive retro visuals and sounds.
The symbols consist of A to 9 royals and the higher-yielding characters: King Arthur, Queen Guinevere, and Merlin.
Landing at least three matching symbols, or wilds, from reel one creates a winning combination.
As the highest-paying, landing five King Arthur symbols grants 33.33x your stake. There is also a wild symbol represented by the Avalon II logo.
It substitutes all other symbols, except for the scatter and the Lady of the Lake.
Avalon II is one of the industry leaders when it comes to features variety.
Randomly Triggered Modifiers
Avalon II offers random features that might occur at any spin in the base game. The Merlin feature displays the wise old wizard. A losing spin can get a cash prize of up to 20x your stake.
A winning one offers a multiplier of 2x or 4x. The Lady of the Lake feature turns into an expanding wild covering the whole reel when she appears on the middle reel.
Grail Bonus Feature
If you land at least three Grail scatter symbols, you will trigger the Grail Bonus.
At this point, you need to claim and return the Grail to Avalon through a wide range of bonus features. Triggering this bonus a certain number of times unblocks the following features.
- Lake Of Legend Bonus – you roll the dices and receive a multiplier equal to the value you land on. For instance, landing a 3 gives you a 3x multiplier. However, if you land on a number equal to the famous sword’s fragment, this amount is added to the forge. Getting all six fragments grants you an additional bonus of 15x your stake
- Misty Vale Bonus – awards 15 free spins in which the high-value symbol you choose before the game turns into a wild symbol. Landing a win gives you a 2x multiplier
- Whispering Woods Bonus – once you select a shield, the slot gives you an offer. You can accept or reject the prize, ranging from 10x to 160x your stake.
- Forest Falls Bonus – features trailing wilds and grants 20 free spins.
- Dusky Moors Bonus – non-matching picks increase the multiplier size, whereas matching ones reveal the multiplier prizes, which can go up to 20x your stake
- Morgan’s Keep Bonus – features rolling reels and grants 20 free spins, with each following roll increasing the multiplier by 1 (the maximum being 6x)
- Hall of Shadows Bonus – each move in the battle with the Black Knight gives you a cash bonus
- Isle of Avalon Bonus – you spin the wheel of four concentric circles out of numbers, each of which grants you a multiplier. If you land a zero on the third ring, you will unlock the fourth wheel.
Avalon II also offers an Autoplay function, in which you can manually set the number of auto spins.
Where To Play Avalon II?
RTP, Bet Sizes, and Volatility
Avalon II has an RTP of 95.92%, which is below the industry’s average.
The slot has medium volatility and a win rate of 38.64%. In other words, one of three spins, in general, is a winning one.
The betting range is between $0.30 and $7.50, with a maximum payout of 16,200x your stake per spin.
At first sight, Avalon II seems like a tricky slot.
However, it is quite a straightforward game that will always keep you entertained.
Players never get bored, as there is a wide range of features and bonus rounds.
We give this slot an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars due to its Arthurian theme and well-diversified possibilities.