5 Clans Review
Graphics are colourful and impressive, while the gameplay promises to captivate players right from the start. Will your side be the winning one? There’s only one way to find out.
- Low variance with the maximum prize of 27,471x the stake
- Ten fixed paylines
- There are five special symbols on offer, together with the Free Spins round and the bonus buy option
The online slot is centred around five special symbols, each representing one of the warring sides. They also have a modifying ability, which can help claim handsome payouts.
Apart from that, the only available feature is the Free Spins bonus round, which can also be accessed through the bonus buy option where available. The top prize of 27,471 times the bet is surprisingly high for a game with low volatility.
Theme, Graphics and Sounds
Yggdrasil and Reflex wanted to create an epic adventure and gave their best to do so. In aspects they did, in some, they didn’t. The fantasy-style background displays an erupting volcano and the game’s “central lands”.
The soundtrack certainly sounds epic and, without a doubt, adds to the excitement. However, the change of the music in the bonus round brings an entirely different atmosphere. You’ll get used to these changes as the game progresses.
5 Clans is played on a standard five-reel, three-row grid with ten fixed paylines. You’ll need to land at least three matching symbols across one of the game’s active lines to receive a payout.
On the reels, you’ll encounter five warriors, the leaders of the five warring sides. They are also the highest-paying icons, delivering prizes of up to 75 times the bet.
Playing cards are at the bottom of the paytable, paying just three times the stake. Wilds are also there, replacing other symbols to help form additional wins.
Five bonus shield symbols represent the five clans, with each one having a different modifying ability. These icons can appear in both the main game and free spins, activating a different effect. In respins, only one type of shield symbol lands on the reels.
- Red shield – triggers a super Wild, covering an entire reel and awarding a respin. Land another red shield to claim another respin. You can land up to four super Wilds at the same time.
- Green shield – awards a respin and places a random number of Wilds on the grid. A maximum of thirteen Wilds can appear this way.
- Purple Shield – a mystery symbol that awards respins until another purple shield lands. All purple shields then transform into an icon of the same type.
- Blue Shield – brings a multiplier of up to 50x to any win.
- Orange Shield – if it appears on the rightmost reel, this symbol triggers the Free Spins round and awards nine spins.
In some jurisdictions, the bonus buy option allows slot enthusiasts to trigger the Free Spins round by paying 100 times their bet.
5 Clans Free Spins
As previously mentioned, the orange shield symbol triggers the Free Spins round. While the bonus is active, shield symbols will appear more frequently. Landing an additional orange shield awards three more spins.
Where To Play 5 Clans?
RTP, bet sizes and volatility
5 Clans comes with an RTP of 96%.
When it comes to betting, players can place any bet ranging from $0.20 to $100 per spin.
The slot’s top payout is worth 27,471 times your stake, which comes as a surprise, considering its low volatility.
In some aspects, the two developers did what they wanted in the first place, but in others, 5 Clans is far from an epic release. The visuals are decent, the whole fantasy theme is not so poorly executed, but there are issues to be found.
Despite having so many modifiers, the main game is rather dull. The reason is simple: these modifiers are not triggered often. It does get more exciting in the Free Spins, though.
The maximum payout of 27,471 sounds fantastic for a low-variance title, although that win won’t come easy. If you’re a fan of the genre, you might enjoy this title more than others. We rate it 3 out of 5 stars.