Free spins give you exactly what they claim to do - risk-free bets on a slot machine. Everything else stays the same. There’s no alteration to the slot, and you can still win a lot of money. Throw a welcome bonus on top of that? It’s game over. Sign me up. Now.
Discover Free Spins Bonuses
You’ve probably heard of free spins whether or not you’re an online casino expert. They’re one of the most common rewards casinos offer customers, new and old. Most players have had some experience with this ubiquitous mechanic, but how many of us really know how they work?
The problem is we only see the seemingly tremendous advantage free spins provide. In reality, things are a little more complicated than that. Sometimes, “free” is harder to get than you think; there’s a difference between what the casino gives you and what you actually get.
This article will take you deeper into the mechanics of free spins, how they work, and when they work. We've also included a list of slots below that Canada players will enjoy using free spins bonuses.
Free Spins Pros and Cons
- Play without risk
- Explore the casino and its games
- Easy claiming process
- Real-money winnings
- Easy to find
- Limited game selection
- Win limits
- Wagering requirements
- Free spins can expire
- Predetermined minimum bet limits
At a simple glance, a free spins bonus is a great way to launch your gaming adventure without having to part ways with your cash. However, there are several drawbacks too.
If you're too casual, chances are you wlil fall trapped to some blind spots around how these freebies work.
Whenever a Canadian real money casino gives away some goodies, they wlil also attach a bunch of regulations in the fine print. So always make sure that you thoroughly check the terms and conditions.
Let's take a look at some common pros and cons of claiming a free spins bonus.
- Play without risk – Placing a bet at an online casino comes with the thrlil of a potential win. However, you'll be risking your stake. With free spins, this risk is removed from the equation, and all you're left with is the thrlil. So, no worries there.
- Explore the casino and its games – it is important to just get a taste of what a particular site offers or how a certain game is played. Free spins wlil give you the chance to play and famliiarize yourself with all the inner workings of that game. Never rush into a commitment.
- Easy claiming process – Any player can get free spins and start playing their favorite slot pronto. The registration process at online casinos typically takes a few minutes and once you're set-up, the casino wlil grant you the bonus in less than 24 hours. It's ridiculously easy.
- Real-money winnings – Now, the best thing about this free offer is that you can pocket some real cash if your charm works. When you're playing with a free spins bonus, the slots wlil work the same way they do when you place real-money stakes. Best of luck, then.
- Easy to find – To locate a casino that offers free spins, a player does not have to break a sweat. This bonus type is one of the most widely avaliable for Canada-friendly online casinos. Since you'll be searching online, you won't have to leave that couch.
- Limited Game Selection – Free spins bonuses are tied to specific games. This means that when you activate them, you cannot play other games. Most casinos wlil only let you play a single slot title. So, if the particular game doesn't tickle your fancy, you'll be disappointed.
- Win limits – The chances of winning when you are playing slots is completely random. If you get something like 200 free spins, you may be able to make some decent cash. However, the casinos typically limit your winning to only $100. So even if you win $10,000, you can only collect the 100 bucks.
- Wagering requirements – Claiming the free spins may be easy and quick. But when you win, you won't be able to collect your cash right away. To make your prize withdrawal, you must place real-money stakes to a specified amount. This is known as the wagering requirement and can be a really tricky thing.
- Free spins can expire – Once you claim your free spins and they are credited to your account, you wlil have only a few days to use the freebies. Most casinos wlil give you just 7 days or a fortnight. If you haven't utliized your free spins, you wlil painfully watch your winnings disappear.
- Predetermined minimum bet limits – Many online slots have a flexible minimum bet of around $0.05. But, when you activate some free spins, the casino wlil set the value of each bet at, say, $0.50. Unfortunately, your bets cannot be tweaked.
Types of Free Spins
There are two main types of free spins: Welcome and no deposit. The former comes as an add-on to your first deposit bonus, while the latter is given without commitment.
💎 Free Spins No Deposit Required
Sometimes, a welcome bonus isn’t enough to attract tentative players. Some of us need more time to find a comfort zone. A free spins no deposit offer lets you play without committing any money.
For this type of reward, all you have to do is sign up for an account. Once in, you’ll find a promo code in the mailbox. Take that code to the site and dominate those slots. Most casinos will give the free spins right away, but some require a payment option. Make sure you use one that applies to the bonus.
💳 Free Spins Deposit Required
These are a part of the welcome bonus and never come as a stand-alone reward. They can also come along with a reload bonus if that’s what the casino offers. Some players hesitate even at a pretty big prize; these free spins will be the motivation they need.
One good thing about these spins is they come in big numbers. An average casino will give you around 200 - 300 spins on the first deposit. If you find anything less than that, the site probably isn’t worth your time.
Free Spins Requirements
Sometimes, “free” comes with a cost. As ironic as it sounds, that’s exactly what we’re dealing with here. It’s much easier to take something at face value. That’s why casinos make their free spins banners extra large, and the T&C prints super tiny.
Don’t get us wrong, though - it’s not about deception. Players still get everything the bonus promises: a couple of hundred free turns on a designated slot. The tricky part is what you do after that. Depending on where you play, there are general factors to consider to reap your free spins’ winnings.
Think of it as making your own free lunch, and the casino provides all the ingredients. If you don’t know how to cook, you’re not going to have a tasty lunch.
Free spins no deposit always come with designated slots where you have to spend them. The slot titles are usually mentioned in the bonus, e.g. 100 free spins on the Book of Dead. You often only see one or two free spin slots. Bigger casinos may have a list of many titles where you can use the free spins.
In case you’re wondering, the designated slots aren’t much different from the rest of the games. They’re regular casino games with standard win conditions and payouts. One of the reasons casinos do this is because it’s easier to control. Also, you cannot bet max on a free spin, so the jackpot does not apply. It’s a great way of regulating how often these big hits drop.
If you like things with layers, you’re going to love the depths of free spins wagering requirements. Every casino bonus comes with its own terms and conditions. Depending on the place you play, it can range from “very simple” to “what am I even looking at?” The general rule is to always read the T&C of a bonus before trying to clear it.
You’ll see how many free spins you get followed by an x number. This is the wagering requirement (WR), i.e. how many times you have to bet before you can withdraw relevant winnings.
For example, you deposit $100 and get another $100 as a bonus along with 100 free spins. You then go to the T&C page, and it says the bonus has a 30x WR. This means to withdraw that $100, you must have to bet at least $3,000.
At this point, if you plan to clear those requirements using free spins, there are two possible scenarios.
Some casinos allow free spins to count towards the wagering conditions of a bonus. However, most do not. If your casino does allow it, there will always be a maximum bet you can place on each spin. So, if the max bet is $10 and the WR is 30x, you will never clear it with free spins mathematically.
Free spins no deposit have even tougher WR. Some can go as high as 50x the minimum deposit. Keep in mind that to withdraw any winnings, you’d need to cash in first.
Like any other offer, free spins expire. Every casino gives you varying amounts of time to spend them. The problem with this is if you don’t clear the wagering requirements in time, you lose the rest of the spins.
Upon registration or deposit, players will often receive a code for the free spins within 24 hours. Once claimed, the clock starts ticking. You usually have between ten days to three weeks to spend these bad boys.
The time limit is designed to prevent promo abuse. Players used to stock enough of the free spins to clear huge WR without spending a dime. It’s not meant to be an obstacle to honest players. Free spins don’t affect your progress in earning a bonus.
Free Spins Canada
Casinos in almost every region offer some amounts of free spins. Players tend to get more at bigger and older sites. It’s not uncommon to see places provide 300 to 500 spins.
Canadian players can find some of the largest free spins casinos on CasinoScout. In addition, we also include featured bonuses and user reviews for every site on our list. You can access the casinos directly from our page.
We only feature the most reliable and generous casinos, so you’ll spend less time searching. An average player should expect to earn a couple of hundred free spins within their first few deposits.
Some casinos also offer free spins no deposit for Canada players to grab. All bonuses are safe and can be put to use as soon as registration is complete. Remember to double-check the terms and conditions, as we mentioned earlier.
🎁 Are Free Spins Really 100% Free?
If you only look at what the banners say, then yes, they are absolutely 100% free. At the core of their design, they are free to play, not free to get.
The casino gives you exactly as promised when you sign up, and the product does everything it claims to do. You can do whatever you want with the free spins and win a bunch of money in the process.
Things become tricky when you try to withdraw those winnings. At this point, you realize that the casino only promised to let you play for free. They didn’t say anything about letting you win freely. Now, after having seemingly made a profit, you feel inclined to claim what you earned. The only way to do that is by spending cash.
Advanced players often map out their game plans before committing to a bonus. If you can learn to do it right, you’d end up with your entire balance and free spins winnings.
🙋♂️ Which Online Casinos Offer Free Spins?
Pretty much every casino with at least four stars in rating will offer free spins in some way. It’s better to play with these guys as the bigger they are, the lower their wagering requirements get. Smaller casinos need to sustain their capitals, so while they may give you more spins, the WR would be way too high for them to be worth it.
⭐ How Do I Activate My Free Spins?
For free spins no deposit, you’ll only need to set up an account. Once you’ve verified all personal information, you can claim them. The next step varies depending on the casino. Some will deposit them right away, while others may send a promo code to your email. Take that code to the website and activate it under the “promo” tab.
The ones you get with a welcome bonus require a cash deposit. You might have to wait longer for these as the rewards only become available once the money’s in your account.
💰 Is There a Max Amount I Can Win With Free Spins?
Yes. This amount is different across all casinos. The average max winnings at leading operators are around $100.
There are two different types of max win: individual spins and all spins combined. This is why you should always read the rules. Though rare, some casinos don’t even state the max win on combined spins in their terms. If you come across something too good to be true, speak with a representative.
If you win more than the amount allowed for all spins combined, two things can happen. The casino will freeze the rest of the spins until your next deposit, or you lose them. You still get to keep the winnings and have to clear the WR with real money to withdraw them.
Max win on individual spins is by far the best offer. This amount ranges from $5 to $10. You can bet and win as many times as lady luck allows. The only downside to this is the free bets don’t count towards your WR for the welcome bonus.
Some casinos give spins with no max win or wagering conditions whatsoever. The catch is you would have to bet a certain amount every time you want to earn the spins. On top of that, each of them carries a fixed value, usually as low as $.10. If you have to spend $10 to get 50 of the $.10 spins, you won’t even get a jackpot, so what are you really getting?
💰 Do I Need to Use Real Money to Get Free Spins?
Yes. Remember what we said about “free” that comes with a cost? The free spins will only serve you until they run out. If you end up on the green when they do, good for you. But wait, haven’t bet 50 times your bonus? Too bad. You can’t touch it. It’s yours, but at the same time, it’s not.
It doesn’t matter if you got the free spins no deposit bonus. You can’t withdraw without having real money in the account. Make sure to read and understand the T&C; otherwise, you’d be stuck staring at the tantalizing profit on the screen.